Friday, January 5, 2007

The Single Guy?! (Updated Frequently)

My wife has left me. No, not what you're thinking. On Thursday, she and baby Jack left for Spartanburg so that they could spend some time with her family and attend one of her best friend's bridals showers on Saturday afternoon. Since I was not invited to the shower and because of the short work week (yes, I know I could have worked from home on New Year's Day but I decided to rot my brain by watching six football games), I was kind of behind in preparation for all of the things going on on Sunday.

So, at 11:30 am on Thursday morning my wife with my son loaded up the Honda and took off...the silence was deafening....*crickets*....I looked at my dog and she looked at me and the rest of the night we sat on the couch and stared at the wall, not knowing what to do with each other with out the Matriarch and Prince of the family.

I thought I'd give a time-line of what I have done since she left - I'll update as time goes by since she won't be back until Sunday afternoon:

Thursday

11:30 AM - Left me standing in the driveway waving goodbye

4:15 PM - Walked home from the church and took the dog out and sat down on the couch.

6:15 PM - Got up off the couch and made supper: Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich.

7:00 PM - Still hungry so I made some popcorn.

7:30-11:00 PM - Watched television and should have read but didn't have the brain capacity. Just sat there and sinfully felt sorry for myself.

10:15 PM - Millie Boo pooped and peed outside.

11:00 PM - Moved me and Millie Boo into the room to go night-night.


Friday

4:00 AM - Woke up starving because of the light supper and ate two pieces of white bread and went back to sleep.

4:15 AM - Millie Boo pooped outside.

8:35 AM - Woke up and took Millie Boo outside again. Went back to sleep.

9:35 AM - Woken up by my pastor calling to see if I was still alive. I was.

10:00 AM - Ate a bowl of Frosted Flakes and took a shower.

11:45 AM - Met my good friend for lunch.

1:00 PM - Went to Blockbuster video and rented Season 1 Part 1 of Scrubs.

1:15 - 2:15 PM - Visited a church member in the hospital who is recovering. They asked how I was doing without Emily and Jackson...Millie Bee peed.

2:30 PM - Came home and worked on church stuff.

3:30 - 4:30 PM - Took a pity-party depressed nap. Millie Boo peed.

4:30 - 5:15 PM - Wondered aloud at what to eat for supper.

5:15 PM - Drove to McDonald's - decided not to supersize.

5:30 - 6:00 PM - Ate McDonald's

6:30 - 7:30 PM - Was a slave to the Internet. Millie Boo peed.

7:30 - 9:15 PM - Was a slave to Scrubs. Finally laughed and laughed many times and hard. Millie Boo pooped.

10:00 PM - Talked to my wife and my son on the phone.

11:30 PM - Finally went to bed after Millie Boo peed once again.


Saturday

8:30 AM - Ok, Millie Boo uses the restroom about every 2 hours. I guess my wonderful wife, Emily knows this and has to deal with this every day - plus a baby.

10:30 AM - 11:30 AM - Read and studied the B-I-B-L-E - that's the book for me.

11:30 - 3:15 PM - Prepared for Sunday, etc.

3:30 - 5:30 PM - 9 holes of golf at the local golf course. Highlight of the round: birdied a par 5 - on the green in 2 shots with a 12 foot eagle put that I choked on.

5:30 - 9:00 PM - Hung out with a friend from church. Watched The Office Season 2 on DVD.

9:30 - 10:30 - ...no idea.

10:30 - bedtime

As you can see, Saturday was a much better day.


Sunday

Wife and son came back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, Charlie. When Janel goes out of town I sit, read, and eat quesadillas.